Daily News 10-31-14

The annual boy’s volleyball games are set to be played Friday, November 14th with the freshman playing the juniors and the sophmores playing the seniors. The losers and winners of those games will also play each other. Practice times are yet to be determined. Stay tuned to the announcements for further details. Remember volleyball athletes, you are coaching them.

The fall blood drive will take place on Monday, Nov. 17th. Please see Grace Samson if you would like to sign up to donate. Or, you could also stop by Mrs. Laurencelle’s room during 4th hour or 1st lunch if you would like to sign up then. Students must be 17 years old and weigh 110 pounds in order to donate. Also, if you have had a tattoo within the past year you are not eligible to donate. The state of MI allows students that are 16 years old to donate blood with signed consent from a parent. These forms are available to pick up from Mrs. Laurencelle at anytime. These students will be able to sign up only after this signed form has been returned to Mrs. Laurencelle

The theme for this evenings playoff game in Frankenmuth is “Glow in the Dark.”

The Business Dept students are selling Marauder keychains for $1 each. There are two different styles to choose from, get yours today! Also, they are selling Marauder navy blue drawstring bags for $3 each. Supplies are limited, so stop in to room S-18 and get yours today! Examples of these can be seen in the showcase in the south hall.

Sensational 6 will continue next week on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 3:15 to 4:15 p.m.

Burcham Enterprises will be offering the next Segment I class beginning on November 3. Packets are available at the high school office.

The boys Cross Country Team will compete in the State Finals tomorrow at the MIS speedway in Brooklyn. The Division 3 boys race starts at 10:30am.

The Ovid-Elsie girls cross country team competed in the D3 Regional at Uncle Johns Cider Mill on Friday October 24th. The team ran to a 7th place finish to finish off the season which saw them place third in the Tri-Valley Central league behind Shepherd and Alma.
Senior Alex Love finished the race in second place to set the school record for a 5000 meter, 3.1 mile, race in 19:02.7. With this finish she qualified for the Lower Michigan State Cross Country Meet to be held November 1st at Michigan International Speedway. This is her second trip to the state meet and is ranked 13th in the Division 3 standings.
Junior Katy Hurst and freshmen Karissa Seagers both ran their fastest times of the year with a 23:04 and 23:04.7 respectively to finish off their season on a high note. Clare Sheedlo and Rebecca Whitman finished out the scoring for the team along with Yasmin Mayer and Gabbi Cleveland.