Daily News: 11/10/14

The journalism staff is kicking off yearbook sales with a candy fundraiser. Staff members will be stopping by your fourth hour class tomorrow to pass out candy fundraiser packets. Those packets are due back by Thursday, November 20. They will also have yearbook order forms for you. If you sell 15 items, you get a free yearbook. See Noah Sherwood, the yearbook sales manager, with any questions.

Boys volleyball practices this week are today and Wednesday from 6:00 P.M.-7:30 P.M. for freshman and sophomores and Tuesday from 6:00 P.M.-7:30 P.M. for juniors and seniors. The games are this Friday at 6:30. P.M.

The girls volleyball banquet is this Thursday at 6:30 P.M. at the Ovid United Methodist Church. Please bring a large dish to pass and your own table service.

Attention all wrestlers, Coach Barretta will be holding sign ups in the community room during both lunches on Tuesday. Stop in and pick up an information packet.

Attention all NHS Members: The next large group meeting will take place this coming Friday, Nov. 13th at 7:30 in the community room. We will be preparing for the the fall blood drive and confirming sign-up times for everyone.

Students can get the list of college that do not have application fees today right off the guidance website. https://michigancollegeaccessnetwork.app.box.com

Girls basketball and competitive cheer will begin on today. Basketball players should report to the main gym and competitive cheer to the balcony by 3:15. Be sure to pick up a “Gold Card” from Mrs. Latz as you must have this to be allowed to practice.

Language Arts Team members: The next competition is tomorrow. Please make sure that you’ve picked up a permission slip and that you get it signed and into Ms. Blank by the end of the day today. Meet in room E-1 Tuesday morning at 8:00 A.M. This is the persuasive essay competition. Bring money for lunch.

Attention athletes that would like to order a patch for championships or state qualifiers past or present: An order will be placed in the next couple of weeks. If interested in purchasing a patch the cost is $15. Please get this to Mrs. Latz by Friday, November 14.

The robotic engineering team is looking for new members. The team is looking for students who are capable of welding, interested in design, or are willing to learn how to program and deal with electronic work. Students who are interested should talk with Mr. Topping to sign up, or attend the meeting after school today

All students planning on playing a winter sport must pick up a “Gold Card” for the winter season from Mrs. Latz prior to your first practice. To be eligible, you need to have had a physical dated on or after April 15, 2014, a concussion waiver on file in the high school office, and have passed at least six classes last semester. If you played a fall sport you must also have all equipment turned in and not owe any money for lost or damaged equipment or uniforms. You won’t be able to practice without picking up a “Gold Card” to give to your coach.

The girls JV basketball team is looking for a team manager. It includes attending all JV games and a few practices for a small wage. Please e-mail Coach Stoneman at [email protected] if interested.

The FFA is going to Roll Haven today. They are leaving the school at 5 PM and will arrive back at 9:30 PM. The cost of the trip is $12. That covers pizza, pop, roller skating, laser tag and the bus. Stop down and get a permission slip from Ms. Hoffman.

Central Driving School will be offering a three-day segment II driver education class starting Monday, November 17 from 5:30-7:30 P.M. For more information please call 517-862-1700.

The fall blood drive will take place on Monday, November 17. Please see Grace Samson if you would like to sign up to donate. You can also stop by Mrs. Laurencelle’s room during fourth hour or first lunch if you would like to sign up then. Students must be 17 years old and weigh 110 pounds in order to donate. Also, if you have had a tattoo within the past year you are not eligible to donate. The state of Michigan allows students that are 16 years old to donate blood with signed consent from a parent. These forms are available to pick up from Mrs. Laurencelle at any time. These students will be able to sign up only after this signed form has been returned to Mrs. Laurencelle.

The business department students are selling Marauder keychains for $1 each. There are two different styles to choose from. They are also selling Marauder navy blue drawstring bags for $3 each. Supplies are limited, so stop in to room S-18 and get yours today! Examples of these can be seen in the showcase in the south hall.