April 18, 2024

Daily News: 2-17-15

Attention NHS members: The next large group meeting will take place this Friday, Feb. 20th at 7:30 in the community room.

The Art Institute of MI will be giving college presentations in the art room tomorrow, Weds 2/18, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th hrs in the HS art room. Any interested student grades 9-12 is welcome to attend. Please see Mrs. Weber today for a pass.

The Astronomy Club will be meeting on Wednesday right after school. We will be watching part 2 of Apollo 13, so plan on meeting until about 4:30. See Mr. Martin with any questions.

FFA laser tag and bowling trip is tomorrow from 4:30-7:30 PM. A FFA member can bring a friend. There are permission slips in Ms. Hoffman’s room.

The FFA is hosting a rabbit hunt that is open to anyone in the community. The event will take place this Saturday, February 21st. Registration is from 8-9 AM at Thorny Acres Sportsmans Club. Weigh in is at 3:00. Ms. Hoffman has more information in her room.

If you are receiving an award at the State FFA Convention, make sure you pick up a letter with the information on dates and times from Ms. Hoffman.

Students interested in taking a CCRESA course next year: Please complete an application available in student services and sign up to attend the student visit day tomorrow. This visit day is from 8 A.M. to about 11 A.M. Stop by Student Services if you have any questions.

The 2015 Elsie Dairy Festival pageant will be held Sunday, March 29. Applications for Queen and Princess are available in the office. The first practice will be held on Sunday, February 15th at the Elsie Baptist Church at 4:00 p.m. and all applications will be due at that time.

The 2014-2015 yearbooks are available for $70. Order forms have been mailed home. See Mr. Whiting in middle school room 115 if you need a new order form or if you have any questions.

The yearbook staff is also accepting custom senior photos. If you would like your own photo included in the yearbook, the price is $15. Please get your photo to Mr. Whiting or submit it to [email protected].

The senior video is beginning production. Interviews will start soon, and the production staff is asking that you bring in any baby photos to go along with it. For your interview to be included, you need to bring in some photos! Please see producer Lindsay Benham to submit photos or if you have any questions.