Daily News: 10-08-15

The Art Institute of Michigan will be giving college presentations in the high school art room on Tuesday, October 13, during 4, 6 and 7 hours. See Mrs. Weber for a pass to attend.

The cast list for the drama club’s first play will be posted outside the main office today after second lunch today. If you have any questions, see Sarah Sopocy.

Are you an FFA member looking to get more involved? Come to Miss Hoffman’s room and get an officer application form for FFA class representative. Elections will be held at the meeting on October 14.

Attention all members of NHS who are being inducted at the ceremony in a few weeks. The sheets being used to introduce you need to be returned to Mrs. Laurencelle by the end of the day.

The business department is putting on a troop drive. Bring in non-perishable items to send overseas. Drop off your items to Mrs. Bonnie Ott in room S-18 through November 1.

Seniors: You have a field trip planned for Wednesday, October 14 to go to Eastwood Towne Center to see “The Martian” during the school day. This is your reward day for doing well on the ACT. Your chaperones will be Ms. Blank, Ms. Batora, Mr. Martin, Mr. Whiting and Mrs. Bonnie Ott. Please pick up a permission slip from Ms. Blank in room E-1. The cost is $10 for the busses and movie and an additional $3 if you want unlimited popcorn and drinks. All seniors need to attend. If you do not, you will be considered absent.

The coffee shop in the Information Center is up and running. Please stop in for a warm cup of regular or caramel coffee for $1. The proceeds will be used to help fund a business field trip in the spring.

NHS will be selling Benny’s donuts again this Friday, October 9. There will be a wide assortment beginning at 7:20 A.M. Get here early to get your first choice.

A representative from Michigan State University is here today during second lunch.

Upcoming college visits are:
Oakland University – October 28, 2nd lunch only

On Wednesday, October 14, our high school will undergo building wide testing for all 9, 10, and 11th grade students. Our juniors will test at the American Legion in Elsie. Freshmen and Sophomores will test at the high school. Our testing will end around lunch time, and students will be asked to continue with their school day and complete 5th-7th hours as they normally would. The freshman will take the PSAT 8/9. The sophomores will take the PSAT. The juniors will be taking the PSAT/NMSQT (National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test). If students are absent, we will not make this test up. Taking the test is school provided only on the 14th of October.

On this day, our seniors are being rewarded for their outstanding performance on their ACT from last spring. Our seniors scored an average of 21.9 composite score, which is the highest average score our district has had in the previous five years. We are proud of their hard work and effort. Our seniors will also be accompanied by Mr. Baese, as it was his idea to offer a reward day if the students performed well on the test! The seniors are going to NCG Cinema at Eastwood Towne Center and will be bussed there to watch the movie “The Martian” with Matt Damon. If your child does not wish to go, please excuse them from the day by calling the office. For more information about the senior trip, please contact Ms. Blank or Ms. Batora.

Please make sure your child is in attendance that day if possible. There will not be a make up day for these assessments.