Four-Year Varsity B-Ball Player Signs with Indiana Tech

Four-year Varsity Basketball Player Lauren Barton has decided that she is going to go to school at Indiana Tech as well as play basketball for their school after she graduates high school. She signed with Indiana Tech on Nov. 22, 2019 in the OE High School IC.

“I have been fortunate enough to have multiple college coaches reach out to me over the past year from NCAA D2, D3, and NAIA schools but from the moment I sat down in Coach Bigg’s office at Indiana Tech, I knew it was the right fit for me. I felt an instant connection to Coach Biggs as she talked about her program and what she is looking for in her players, the atmosphere that she creates was exactly what I was looking for. Once I did my tour of campus and talked to the head of the biology department and biomedical engineering program, it was an easy decision. Indiana Tech is giving me both academic and athletic scholarships.”

Barton is very happy with her decision with choosing Indiana Tech and is excited to be going to school there in the fall. 

Dr. Ryan Cunningham, Barton’s varsity basketball coach, says that Lauren is the leading scorer and rebounder on the team, and has been for the past two years. She has an average of 12 points a game with an average of nine rebounds. She has also been on varsity all four years of high school.