NBA Shines in All Star Game

On Sunday March 7th the NBA held its annual “All Star Game”, where the best players in the league face off head on head with one another in various activities, and a full on basketball game. Rather than hosting the event for two whole days, the league decided to host every event on the same day in compliance with COVID regulations. 

The basketball game has been revered by many as being a quite boring all-star game as team Lebron soared to a 20 point lead by the end of the game. Giannis Antetokounmpo wound up taking home the NBA All-Star MVP award when all was said and done. 

Pictured- Lebron James. Source- CNN.

Before the game, there were various other competitions. The first competition was the Skills Challenge. Which was won by the Pacer’s Domantas Sabonis. Sabonis beat out some big contenders in this competition; including Luka Doncic and Julius Randle. 

After the skills contest came the 3-point competition. The winner of the 3-point contest was unsurprisingly Stephen Curry; though Mike Conley did give him some trouble. During halftime of the big game the slam dunk contest was held. This competition was won by Anfernee Simons.

Although this year’s All-Star game hasn’t been well received by many, I’m sure others are glad to see that the NBA has been able to have a fairly normal season, even during a pandemic. 

Sources

Vera, Amir. “Team LeBron Wins NBA All-Star Game, but HBCUs Were the Real Winner of the Night.” CNN, Cable News Network, 8 Mar. 2021, www.cnn.com/2021/03/07/us/nba-all-star-game-winner-trnd-spt/index.html.

Written By                              Jordan Greer                                      @jordangreer42, et al. “NBA All-Star Game 2021 Results, Highlights: Giannis Antetokounmpo Wins MVP as Team LeBron Cruises to Victory.” Sporting News, (Getty Images), 8 Mar. 2021, www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/nba-all-star-game-2021-live-score-updates-highlights/ik1i2ue3cpxx13qwths11yrlv.