OE Varsity Girls Softball goes 3-4

O-E Varsity Girls Softball played seven games over the course of three days.  Throughout those three days, O-E went 3-4. 

Thursday, April 15th, the O-E girls travelled to Napoleon High School for a double header.  The first game, O-E grabbed the lead in the 6th inning over Napoleon with a score of 8-3. Gracie Schultz led the team with 3 three hits.  Ashland Particka led the night in RBI’s with two after hitting a double.  Olivia Burt was in the circle for the first game and she pitched all seven innings; she had three strikeouts and had 23 first pitch strikes.  

The second game of the night Napoleon ran away with an early lead to victory. Burt led the team in hits for the second game. Burt also led in RBI’s after hitting a two- run homerun in the top of the 3rd inning.  Kaitlyn Fry started the second game in the circle for the first couple innings and she struck out one batter, Schultz came in for a relief and struck out one also. 

Friday, April 16th the O-E girls were home against Laingsburg for a double header. The Marauders lost after an early lead of 19-4. Karrigan Cuthbert led O-E with the most hits of the game with two. Allyson Pokorny started us out with two good hits of the game.  Burt led the team in RBI’s after hitting a two- run homerun in the 3rd inning.  Fry started the game in the circle and pitched the first inning and struck out two. Burt came in for a relief and struck out three. 

The second game of the night, OE Marauders clinched the lead in the fifth inning for a victory over Laingsburg with a score of 10-8. Cuthbert led the team in the most hits of the game with 3, while Maddisyn Miller was the most patient at bat and walked two times.  Jolene Nash led the team with the most RBIs with three after hitting a double and a single.  Burt started in the circle and struck out 1, Schultz came in for relief and struck out two.