Marauder Girls Track Place Second in Tri-Meet

The Ovid-Elsie Varsity Girls Track team had a meet this past Wednesday, May 12. The meet
was originally supposed to be a quad but ended up being a tri with Montrose and Chesaning
being the other two teams. Field events started at 4 p.m. and track events started at 4:30 p.m.
The team was feeling pretty confident with this meet and knew they would really only have to
worry about Chesaning being their main competition. Overall, the girls team ended up coming in
second with 78 points, falling just short of beating Chesaning. Chesaning ended up taking first
with 80 points and Montrose got third with only three points. Points were earned in almost every
single event for Ovid-Elsie except for shot put in discus. Some of the top point earners for this
meet were Izzy Loynes in the 100 and 200 meter dashes, Makenna Pierce in the 100 meter
dash, Jadyn Yonchewski in the 400 meter run, Rachel Spitzley in the 400 meter run and pole
vault, Alexis Spitzley in the 800 and 1600 meter runs , Sam Grubaugh in the 3200 meter run,
Sam Snider in the 100 meter hurdles and 300 meter hurdles and long jump, Audrey Johns in
both hurdles and in high jump, and Ella Powell in high jump. Both the 4×100 team and 4×200
team ended up taking second and the 4×400 team and 4×800 team took first. The track teams
are supposed to have their next meet on Monday, May 17, in St. Johns. Field events should be
starting at 3:30 p.m. and track events should be starting at 4:30 p.m. This meet is also
supposed to be a freshman/sophomore invite.