Manhunt Continues in Police Shooting

Donavan Heavener is a 27-year-old veteran of the Federal Way Police Department who was on a morning run when he came across two men robbing a lawn equipment store in Puyallup Washington. These two men saw Heavener and shot him in the chest. Authorities in Washington State are on a manhunt looking for these two men who robbed the lawn equipment store and shot Heavener who was an off duty cop at the time.

The two suspects had a “verbal confrontation” with Heavener right before they shot him in the abdomen and fled the scene. Officer Heavener was transported to the hospital with very serious injuries, but according to Puyallup Police Chief Scott Engle, Heavner is expected to survive. 

One of the two trucks that the authorities believe the suspects were driving was a silver 2005 Chevrolet Silverado. This truck was stolen from a nearby neighborhood at some point in the weekend. Authorities have found the truck on Monday evening after releasing new photos of the vehicle. There was another truck, a black 2003-2007 Chevrolet Silverado, involved in the robbery. 

Police have not found the suspects involved in the robbery in Puyallup Washington. The suspects were described as two hispanic males wearing all black. 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/washington-police-identify-off-duty-officer-who-was-shot-release-new-photos-of-stolen-truck-used-during-crime