REVIEW: Heaven is for Real

Colton Burpo (Connor Corum) tells Todd (Greg Kinnear) he met Pops in TriStar Pictures’ HEAVEN IS FOR REAL.

Some people believe in heaven. Some people don’t. The movie Heaven is For Real is about a 4 year-old boy who was very sick. He never died, but he explained in great detail about his experiences in what sounds like heaven. Some people believed him, but many people didn’t. His dad argued that he couldn’t be making it up because he described exactly what people were doing at a time when he was in the hospital.

I liked the movie because it is based on a real story. The movie seems like it could be made up, but it really happened. It makes you wonder if someone really could go to heaven if they never actually died, or if something that amazing really could happen. I like fictional movies, but it’s more amazing if it actually happened.

Another reason I liked the movie, is because it is open for debate. You don’t have to believe it, but there are many things the little boy said that make it seem believable. There’s no proven facts that say if the boy really went to heaven, but your religion definitely has an impact on whether you believe or not. I like movies that actually make you decide if it’s true or not.

I wouldn’t change anything about the movie because it’s based on a real story. If they changed to much about the movie, it wouldn’t be the actual story. I liked all the details they included in the movie, and the foreshadowing, so I don’t think anything needs to be changed.

In my opinion, the movie Heaven is For Real is a very good movie. I like it because it’s based on a real story, and you can choose whether you want to believe it or not. I definitely recommend watching the movie to see if you like the movie as much as I do. See for yourself if you want to believe.