Middle School Names New Student Council Advisors

OE Middle School has new Student Council advisors. They are Ashley Frechen and Amanda Chafee, and they are both in charge of running the middle school student council. Ashley Frechen said that anyone who would like to participate in Student Council or applies is welcome to become part of the groups Student Council is a student run organization that helps come up with charity events and other school activities. Frechen said they meet every Thursday. Meetings are held in her class room at 7:30 a.m. She also said meetings are held in her room for resource purposes. When asked why she become an advisor, she said that she was assisting and helping around then when they were in need of a new advisor she stepped up to take the position. She said being a part of Student Council has impacted her because she realized how students can accomplish things when the are motivated to do so. They are currently in a door decorating contest for St. Patrick’s Day. After break they will hold a movie night in the high school auditorium. They are also working on some positive activities to do.