Tim Burton Recreates Dumbo Classic

he new movie “Dumbo” was released on March 29. The 2019 film Dumbo is about a struggling circus owner Max Medici who enlists a former star and his two children to care for Dumbo, a baby elephant born with oversized ears. When the family discovers that the animal can fly, it soon becomes the main attraction — bringing in huge audiences and revitalizing the run-down circus. The elephant’s magical ability also draws the attention of V.A. Vandevere, an entrepreneur who wants to showcase Dumbo in his latest, larger-than-life entertainment venture. On Rotten Tomatoes website the average rating is a 5.6/10 and the IMDb website has a 6.8/10 rating. “This live-action re-imagining of Disney’s 1941 animated classic may be the sweetest film Tim Burton has ever made. It’s also the safest. If you prefer Burton’s big visionary swings into darkness (Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, Batman, Ed Wood, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Sweeney Todd), the family-friendly Dumbo will require adjustment to the PG light. Dumbo, the baby elephant who can use his weirdly big ears to fly, still occupies the center ring in Burton’s extravagant new circus. But screenwriter Ehren Kruger, infamous for three of the five Transformers films, has transformed the plot to include a mixed bag of human characters,” said Peter Travers form the Rolling Stones website.