The Grudge Movie, Just Okay

The Grudge came out Jan 3, 2020. It is also rated R. It follows the Mystery and Psychological horror genre. It is an hour and 34 minutes long. The director is Nicolas Pesce. The producers are Sam Raimi, Robert Tapert, and Takashige Ichise. The actors are Andrea Riseborough as Detective Muldoon, Demián Bichir as Detective Goodman, John Cho as Peter Spencer, Betty Gilpin as Nina Spencer, Lin Shaye as Faith Matheson, Jacki Weaver as Lorna Moody, Frankie Faison as William Matheson, William Sadler as Detective Wilson, John J. Hansen as Burke, Tara Westwood as Fiona Landers, David Lawrence Brown as Sam Landers, Zoe Fish as Melinda Landers, Junko Bailey as Kayako Saeki, Nancy Sorel as Agent Cole, Stephanie Sy as Amnio Nurse, Joel Marsh Garland as Detective Grecco, Robin Ruel as Dr. Friedman, and Bradley Sawatzky as Officer Michaels

The plot follows a A detective who investigates a murder scene that has a connection to a case that her new partner handled in the past. The killings occurred in a haunted house that passes on a ghostly curse to those who dare enter it. Soon, the curse spreads to a terminally ill woman and her husband, and another unsuspecting couple who were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

“The real asset here – as well as the movie’s main likely problem for many viewers – is its bleak tone.” said Clark Collis from Rotten Tomatoes.

“There was one moment in “The Grudge” when the movie, ever so briefly, rose to the level of greatness… Instead it settles on being merely okay.” said Matthew Rozsa from Rotten Tomatoes.

Rotten Tomatoes gave The Grudge a score of 16% and IMDb gave this movie a score of 4.1 out of 10.