Coffee or Tea, Which is Better?

Many people have debated whether coffee or tea is better and while tea is at the top of the list for the most popular drink, coffee comes in first for the U.S. Coffee has about 95 mg of caffeine while tea has 26 mg of caffeine. The reason coffee has more mg of caffeine is that coffee beans have 1.1 – 2.2% caffeine while tea leaves contain about 3.5% caffeine. The coffee brewing process uses hotter water which extracts more caffeine from the coffee bean. A lot of coffee with creamer flavors is turned more towards chocolate while teas have a more herbal and fruity flavor. Some people like to put milk or sugar to help with the bitterness of the coffee or tea.

In my opinion, I find I drink more coffee than I have with tea throughout my life. Coffee, with certain creamers, tastes a lot better than black coffee as well as iced or frozen coffee taste better than hot coffee. Tea has a certain mood for it and I usually only drink it when I need some help with a sort of stomach ache or maybe it’s just for fun. When I was younger, my siblings and I would drink cinnamon apple tea and I thought that flavor of the tea was the best ever. Coffee, especially iced or frozen, has a better taste than teas because of that bitter and sweet taste when mixed with creamer. A lot of fruity drinks make my stomach upset and so I would rather choose a beverage that I can handle more than a tea. Both beverages have a good taste but I would rather drink coffee than tea.