Baylor Bears Win NCAA Tournament

After a tournament filled with blowout games, and after playing one of the greatest games of all time against No. 11 seed the UCLA Bruins; the No. 1 Gonzaga Bulldogs came to be defeated by the Baylor Bears on Monday night. In the first half of the game Baylor outscored Gonzaga 47-37. In the second half Baylor sealed their victory by scoring 39 points while Gonzaga scored 33. The Bears defeated the Bulldogs with a score of 86-70 . Had Gonzaga been able to win against Baylor they would have been the first undefeated national champions since 1976. Unfortunately for them, Baylor was looking to win their first ever national title in their schools history. The Bears were prepared for a good fight, and they left it all out on the court. The surprising ending of this national championship left many celebrities and others astounded. All those who watched the game made sure to share their opinion on twitter and other social media. For example, Robert Griffin III, a Baylor Alumni, went straight to twitter and proclaimed, “BAYLOR NATION…WE ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!!” Although Gonzaga is surely not pleased with their loss in the championship, they should be getting prepared for their next season if they hope to ever be the undefeated champions of college basketball.

Pictured: Baylor Bears Celebrate Winning the NCAA tournament.

Credit: ourdailybears.