Varsity Softball Now 10-12

O-E Varsity Girls Softball played a double header Monday, May 10th against Durand Railroaders. The girls overall record is now 10-12 with the conference games being 5-3. 

The Lady Marauders grabbed the lead early from Durand when Olivia Burt hit a ground ball and scored Ashland Particka.  Maddisyn Miller led the team with hits, she tallied four hits for the Marauders.  Particka led the team with RBI’s with two.  Burt was in the circle for O-E, the right hander pitched seven innings, walking one and striking out two.  O-E took the victory 10-4. 

The second game for the Marauders was 8-6 in the 8th inning. They got the early lead in the first after Kaityln Fry grounded out, scoring Burt.  Burt led the team with three hits.  Fry led the team in RBI’s with three.  Fry was in the circle for the Marauders, She pitched all eight innings of the game, walking three and striking out five.  They went into overtime when the score was tied in the 7th inning, Jolene Nash made a throw from left field causing a double play in the field scoring the Marauders the victory.