Corporate Services Teaches How to Run a Business

Mrs. Amy Fanning teaches Corporate Services, a class that allows students to create an online virtual business and operate in a virtual economy that is all over the world. The purpose of this class is to gain an understanding of business management, the ability to gain college credit and certifications, interview, personal finance, and leadership skills, and many more business opportunities. 

Fanning says Corporate Services is going well this year, with two businesses on the rise. One business is called M-Den, and the other is O-E Customs. Students are currently applying for their virtual job, which comes along with resumes, applications, and interviews. This year is different from previous years, because this is only Fanning’s 2nd year teaching at O-E, and her 1st “normal” year since last year was mostly online. Fanning is giving students different opportunities in leadership, business, and certification. Students are excited to start setting up businesses and increase competition levels while Mrs. Fanning is eager to provide more opportunities for the students. 

Fanning has been teaching corporate services for 18 years at a variety of different schools and loves doing so. Fanning also states that everyone should take a Corporate Services class because it is important to know what happens behind the scenes of a business, and to get other skills that are useful for any career choice, like interviewing, leadership, customer service, and working with others.