Halloween Brings Out the Kid in OE Student Body

Lillian Bates, Staff writer

As the Halloween season approaches, a survey was conducted to gather information about how Ovid-Elsie High School students plan to spend the holiday. Out of 10 respondents, five said they plan to dress up this Halloween, three said they don’t plan on it, and two aren’t sure. Out of the students that voted that they might or will dress up this year, three voted they are wearing their costume to school, and four voted that they are not.

Two major traditions for Halloween are trick-or-treating and carving pumpkins. When asked who plans to trick-or-treat this year, two students said they are, four voted that they would not, and four also voted that they aren’t sure. Six students plan on carving a pumpkin this year, and four said they aren’t sure yet. 

In a vote for favorite Halloween candy, there were very mixed results. Tied for favorite are KitKat and Reese’s with three votes each, Twix had two votes, and both candy corn and Twizzlers had one vote each. While on the topic of candy, the respondents were asked if they were passing candy out on Halloween night, and three of them responded that they are. On the other hand, three people said they might, and four students said they are not passing any out.