Netflix Series 13 Reasons Why Worth Watching Despite Critics

Averie Knickerbocker, Staff writer

13 Reasons Why is a 2017 Netflix series about a high school student named Hannah Baker (Katherine Langford) that moves to a new school. The director is Thomas McCarthy.The main character is Clay Jenson played by Dylan Minnette. It’s narrated by Clays and Hannah’s dual points of view. During her time there, she gets bullied and harassed by a group of individual students. The movie is based on her committing suicide and leaving 13 tapes she recorded about how each student “killed” her or what they had to do with her committing suicide and why she did it. After they have listened to the tapes, they pass all the tapes on to the next person whose on the tapes. They all have to survive high school knowing everyone knows all their secrets because of the tapes. No one can say anything to anyone about the tapes that doesn’t know about them and if the tapes don’t get passed around the person Hannah gave the extra tapes to could release the tapes to the public at any moment and ruin all their lives. The series overall tomato review is 35% and the overall audience score is 56%. I give it a 9/10. I liked it because something was always going on, it was always interesting, and I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. Other main characters in the movie are Jessica Davis, Justin Foley, Tony Padilla, Bryce Walker, Zach Dempsy, and Alex Standall. There are many others but these are the most important.