Doja Cat Grabs Far Right Headlines

Doja Cat Grabs Far Right Headlines

The critically acclaimed popstar people have come to know as Doja Cat has made recent news of controversies related to what she posts or the music she makes. Doja Cat made a post on Instagram where she is wearing a shirt of a person who is most notoriously known as a white supremacist or a ‘neonazi’. In the post it is glamorized as a regular collection of photos despite the fact that, the shirt she was wearing is offensive and shows a statement of malice. 

Doja Cat has lately been making harassing ‘X’ posts towards her fans. Doja Cat said cruel things to some fans on social media for framing their accounts in her visage. Some could argue her newfound behavior was for the promotion of her new album. She even went on to state that her other albums, “Were cash-grabs and y’all fell for it.” Doja has also stated that she hated writing and producing her old albums because she felt limited; however, with her new album she feels free to express herself. 

Doja Cat had made the Instagram post as aforementioned where she found herself clad in a shirt with a photo of a man infamously known for being a ‘neonazi’. The man himself being known for an Adult Swim program where his jokes were taken too far, and also being noted for his jokes about being behind several mass shootings. Sam Hyde is racist and has fascist humor with no irony or remorse behind it. Doja wearing this shirt as a creator, let alone the prolific one she is, advertises this behavior to fans who aspire to be her.

Some people can argue that she didn’t know anything about it, yet, her past isn’t as innocent. It isn’t too far-fetched to believe that this entertaining artist would be interested in such a topic. A good point to prove is that she wrote a song in 2015 titled Dindu Nuffin, This song blatantly mocks victims of police brutality and the title is a phrase thrown around in groups of white supremacy. Another instance is the fact she never apologized for the song or the Instagram post. Doja cat took the song off of her SoundCloud account but never explicitly apologized for it. 

When Doja Cat posted the shirt of Sam Hyde she later took it down as it flocked mass amounts of negative comments. Doja cat then reposted the same photos, cropped them and captioned the post with a series of eye roll emojis. The shirt she was wearing is a shirt that clearly depicts Sam Hyde in a photo of him holding a gun. This image is a sort of ‘meme’ that gets shared specifically in white supremecist groups as a response to numerous mass shootings over the years. 

Doja Cat may be trying to promote her album in a sort of dark and comical way; conversely the theme of her new album’s music is more so a mockery of believers of Christian faith. This music makes them uncomfortable with some of the words she uses. The album’s music in no way depicts going online and shaming her fanbase, nonetheless the children that are in it. The album also does not represent her controversial beliefs. These beliefs of her’s are further supported by her past actions towards minority groups.