Scissor Seven Anime Season 4 Features Great Storyline

Scissor Seven is a Chinese anime that was directed by He Xiaofeng that had lots of popularity in China and in the West. The main character, Seven, is voiced by Ronny Chieng and the series follows his adventures trying to become an assassin and recover his memories that were long lost to him. The series had 3 seasons for a while and many were concerned almost a year later that the show had been canceled. However season 4 released Sept. 21, 2023 and took many Americans by surprise. You can watch the whole season on Netflix

The season follows 4 paths throughout every episode. The main path that is followed is that of Thirteen’s master, Green Pheonix. It shows him facing off against the leader of the Killer Leauge just as he said he would. The fight was long and very tactical, going over Green Pheonix’s past and how he wanted revenge this whole time. At the end he escapes knowing he had lost the fight to save Thirteen who was being held as hostage. At the end he is seen being surrounded by many of the Shadow Killers with the leader showing up to finish him off.

The secondary path follows Seven’s path. In the first episode he is greatly injured and brought to superpower country to heal. He is knocked out most of the season, only coming to at the end when he is needed to fight once again. When he wakes he is told of the three viruses in his system: Amnesia, anger inducing, and sleeping. All three were affecting him, however, the anger inducing drug and sleeping drug would wear off naturally. The amnesia however would require help to get rid of as it was only curable with a strong inner force. His story ends that season when he finally gets his memories back that he’s wanted forever.

The third path is that of Redtooth, a Shadow Killer. The season digs more into his past and relationship with Chairman Jiang. Through memories it is shown how he got his powers and how he was saved from being killed by the Cherry Blossom leader. When Chairmen Jiang healed Redtooth they had a fight, however, before the fight could truly finish she gets a call. After hearing all the details, she makes a promise with Redtooth that even she thought would end horribly.

The fourth and final path is that of a Shadow Killer. White Fox is the name of the Shadow Killer and he came to Chicken Island to wait for Seven. While he is there he does some nice things for the locals yet once he is done enjoying his day he starts blowing up the island. He kills many and almost manages to kill some of the strongest local fighters they have. However, just in time Redtooth appears and faces off against White Fox. With a noticeable seal gone and red arua bleeding out from him. Aura is the power one has on the inside of them and its different for everyone. The red aura would signify bloodlust.

Overall, I would give this season of Scissor Seven a 9/10. There were many parts that were amazing and the story leaving on a cliffhanger did something great for the story. Many others agree as some reviews on Rotten Tomatoes talk about the animation being way better and the story, while not being focused on Seven like other seasons, was still great and gave reason behind the actions of other characters. Most reviews gave the season an 8/10 or 9/10 giving those exact reasons. I would highly recommend this season and show to anyone who is interested in action, anime, and humor.