Cute Same Old Blood Rush Highly Rated Album

I am reviewing the album, The Same Old Blood Rush with a New Touch by Cute, which is
What we Aim For this week. I will be referencing the album as TSOBRWANT for short.
TSOBRWANT is Cute is What We Aim For’s debut album, released in June 2006. This album is
what I would consider to be emo…pop? Its sound combines catchy guitar riffs with unique vocal
melodies/strong vocals. Early on, this band released demos on MySpace which quickly garnered
attention from labels, more specifically emo label, Fueled by Ramen. At this point, Fueled by
Ramen was signing other acts like Fall Out Boy, Panic! At the Disco, Paramore, and All Time
Low, so signing Cute is What We Aim For was no big surprise.
This album feels very mellow and light. Compared to other emo-like acts, their songs
didn’t sound so deep and brooding. I love the vocal melodies! They are so creative and catchy. I
appreciate this album because even though they do fit into the emo genre, they were still on their
own wave and making their own twist on the sound. The track Risque really has me grooving
when I listen to it, everything just flows so beautifully on it. It surprises me how much I enjoyed
this album because after doing some research, it looks like it was made in only five months. They
began it in February 2006, and like I said before, finished it in June of that year.
TSOBRWANT is such a unique album in my opinion. It’s such an underrated and
amazing album. If you’re looking for an easy-listening album on a drive, this is a great selection.
I guarantee if you like this genre, you will be screaming Newport Living on your way home.
Overall I rate it a 9/10, and would recommend it to almost anyone. It does a perfect job of
making meaningful songs that aren’t too blatantly sad-sounding. This album is something I will
be returning to, now I want the CD!