The Smurfs Movie Worth Watching Again and Again

The director of the Smurfs movie is 65-year-old Raja Gosnell. Some of the members of the cast are Hank Azaria who plays the villain Gargamel who tries to always steal the smurfs to make them his own. Jayma Mays plays Grace Winslow, who is the mom of the little boy and wife of Patrick Winslow. Neil Patrick Harris plays Patrick Winslow who is the dad of the little boy and also helps the smurf in the real world and not get captured by Gargamel. Katy Perry plays Smurfette, Smurfette is one of the protagonists from the comic strip the Smurfs. Smurfette was created by the evil wizard Gargamel, the Smurfs’ enemy, in order to spy on them and sow jealousy. However, she decides that she wants to be a real Smurf and Papa Smurf casts a spell that changes her hair from black to blonde as a sign of her transformation. She is also the only girl smurf in the movie. Jonathan plays Papa smurf, Papa Smurf is one of the protagonists from the comic strip the Smurfs. Most Smurfs are said to be about 100- years- old, but at the advanced age of 546, Papa is the oldest Smurf and the leader of all Smurfs. Despite his age, he is still quite energetic. Easily distinguishable from all the other Smurfs, Papa Smurf has a bushy white mustache and beard and is typically dressed in red pants and a matching red, making him the only Smurf who does not wear white. He is also the one who takes care of all the smurfs when they are in smurf village. Anton Yelchin plays clumsy the smurf, Clumsy is easily identified by the droop of his hat and his southern accent, as well as how often he’s seen tripping and dropping things. Every time there is a competition of some sort, Clumsy is not considered to be a good player, due to his clumsiness. Clumsy’s main interest is collecting rocks and he has full boxes of them in his house. He is often seen looking for rocks and even claims that he has a lucky one. George Lopez plays grouchy, He is usually considered a sourpuss since he barely says anything except what he hates. His catchphrase throughout the entire show is “I hate insert whatever the last person said.” Most of the time, it’s all he says throughout the whole show. And he is also known as uncompromising, rebellious, feisty, good-hearted, upbeat, caring, hateful, negative, shrewd, mild-mannered, uptight, realistic and friendly . He shows no sense of humor. No matter what you say or suggest, Grouchy will be against it on principle. From his corner, he interrupts the other with systematically negative comments such as: “I hate…” On the face of it, you’d think he doesn’t like anyone or anything. He also hates his life. But deep down, he has a heart of gold. Lastly Fred Armisen plays brainy, Brainy is the most self-centered of the Smurfs he annoys almost everyone, up to and including Papa Smurf. Brainy has a penchant for showing off, claiming that he knows everything about everything, although the only things he knows well are things about himself… and even that is debatable. Brainy even claims to be his own favorite subject. Despite this, he is well-liked whenever he’s not being a bossy know-it-all, which is all-too-frequently the case. This movie is very family friendly for little kids and even some adults to enjoy. Some people rated it a 4/5 because a guy gets shot by a taser gun, but that’s the only violence in the movie. The movie is also rated PG by the MPAA for some mild rude humor and action. A quote from the movie is, “ you messed with the wrong smurf…HIYAH” that was stated by smurfette when gargamel’s cat tried to swallow her to take back to gargamel. Rotten Tomatoes Rated this movie 4.2/5 which isn’t bad it’s pretty close to 5/5 just a couple flaws in the movie that prevented it from being a 5/5. This is what they said about the movie and what you should know about the movie, “Evil wizard Gargamel (Hank Azaria) has plagued the happy, peaceful Smurfs for a very long time. Finally, he succeeds in chasing the little blue people from their village and through a magic portal — which transports them to Manhattan and into the life of ad executive Patrick Winslow (Neil Patrick Harris). Only three apples high and lost in the Big Apple, the Smurfs (Jonathan Winters, Alan Cumming, Katy Perry) must find a way back to their world before Gargamel tracks them down.”  My rating for this movie is definitely a 5/5 because even with the little bit of violence it’s not scary violence, it’s funny and they do it joking around, so it’s not that harmful and I can never get tired of this movie, I have watched it over 40 times and still not tired of it. I definitely recommend this movie to anybody who likes Disney movies.