Students Excited for Spirit Days

About 20 OE students were asked about their 2021 homecoming thoughts and plans this week. This is how they responded. 

When asked what excites them the most about this year’s homecoming, 11 out of the 20 said the dance, five said the game, three are excited for spirit week, and one is most looking forward to the parade. 

As for what spirit day they are most excited for, six said twin day, and five said class color day. Four of the students responded that rainbow day excites them most, three are looking forward to Sour Patch Kids day, and two for blue and gold day. Tuesday’s theme is Twix Twin Day, and ten of the 20 are not planning on participating. Four students are planning to dress the same as their sibling, and four others are planning to match with a friend. Two of the students asked have not yet decided if they are participating. 

When asked about their favorite past OE homecomings, six said the 2018 Disney theme was their favorite, and five preferred the 2019 decades theme. Nine students have not yet experienced an Ovid-Elsie homecoming. 

As for Saturday’s homecoming dance, seven of the students will be showing up dressed in black, three in blue, two in red, and some others plan to show up in brown, green, and red white and blue. Others are still undecided on their attire. For the dance, six of the 20 students surveyed hope that Don’t Stop Believin’ by Journey plays, three are hoping for What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction, two want Perfect by Ed Sheeran, and two want Dynamite by Taoi Cruz. A few others wanted different songs like Counting Stars by OneRepublic, or Creeper, Aw Man, a parody by Captainsparklez.