Thanksgiving Popular With OE Students

A total of 35 students were asked to take a survey about Thanksgiving. The questions in the survey included topics on celebrating Thanksgiving, food, traditions and traveling. The first two questions asked if you celebrate Thanksgiving and who you celebrate it with. The third and fourth questions asked what is your favorite Thanksgiving food and what is your favorite dessert. The fifth question asked what your Thanksgiving traditions are. The question asked if you travel for Thanksgiving and if so how far. 

For the first question, celebrating Thanksgiving was the option that the students favored the most. Every one of the students said that they celebrate Thanksgiving. The choices for the second question included immediate family, extended family, friends, family and friends, and other. Celebrating with immediate family was the choice that the students favored the most for the second question. About 15 out of 35 of the students chose immediate family, about eight out of 35 of the students chose extended family, about 10 out of 35 of the students chose family and friends, about one student out of 35 chose friends and about another one student out of 35 chose other. 

For the third question, the choices included turkey, ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes and other. Mashed potatoes was the most favored choice. About 13 out of 35 of the students chose mashed potatoes as their favorite Thanksgiving food, about eight out of 35 of the students chose ham, about six out of 35 of the students chose other, about five out of 35 of the students chose turkey and about two out of 35 of the students chose stuffing. The choices for the fourth question include pumpkin pie, apple pie, pecan pie, cheesecake and other. Pumpkin pie was the most favored choice for the fourth question. About 15 out of 35 of the students chose pumpkin pie, about six out of 35 of the students chose apple pie, about five out of 35 of the students chose pecan pie, about another five out of 35 of the students chose cheesecake and about three out of 35 of the students chose other. 

For the fifth question, the choices included, watching the Macy’s day parade, watching football, family games, Christmas shopping and other. Watching football was the most favored choice. About 13 out of 35 of the students chose watching football, about 10 out of 35 of the students chose family games, about five out of 35 of the students chose Christmas shopping, about four out of 35 of the students chose watching the Macy’s day parade and about three out of 35 of the students chose other. 

For the sixth and final question, the choices included no traveling, in the state and out of state. No traveling was the most favored choice. About 22 out of 35 of the students chose no traveling, about 12 out of 35 of the students chose in the state and about one out of 35 of the students chose out of state.