Italian Film Yara is a Suspenseful Watch

Yara is an Italian original that was released to Netflix on Oct. 18, 2021. The film is based on

a true story and gives suspense all throughout the movie with surprising twists. I recommend this

film for anyone looking for some suspense and true crime.

The film Yara stars Roberto Zibetti, Mario Pirrelli, Sandra Toffolatti, Chiara Bono, and Isabella

Ragonese. Each of these talented actors plays their character with precision and accuracy,

showing true remorse and worry in their roles.

The plot follows 13-year-old Yara Gambirasio (Bono) who went missing in the winter of 2014 under suspicious

circumstances. Yara’s body was found after three months, once the snow melted, and the

investigation picked up. The investigators took nearly four years to get enough evidence to piece

together a story and make an arrest with a surprising culprit.

The film is based off a true story of an Italian murder. The convicted suspect never proclaimed

his innocence, despite having all the evidence stacked against him. To this day, the suspect tries

to get out of his life sentence by requesting access to the finding of new evaluations, once in

2019 and again 2021. Both were denied.

IMDb rates this movie at a 6/10, Rotten Tomatoes’ audience rates it at 50%, and Google

audience rates it at 4.3/5. I would rate Yara at 90% because it’s very interesting, suspenseful, and

satisfying to true crime watchers. However, the film is somewhat hard to follow because it is

originally Italian with English dubbed in afterward.