Cruella, Family-Friendly Entertainment

Cruella is a comedy/crime origin story of Cruella de Vil, from 101 Dalmatians. The live-action movie was released May 28, 2021, and can be streamed on Disney+ with a subscription, or bought for $5.99 on Vudu, Google Play, Apple TV, or Amazon Prime. The film stars Emma Stone, Emma Thompson, Joel Fry, Paul Walter Hauser, and many more talented actors. Estella (Stone), a creative but mischievous girl, unexpectedly becomes a homeless orphan at a young age, but finds two other children (Fry, Hauser) to occupy her time with, and they grow up together to become family. Years later, Estella is making her way into the fashion world, and ends up living her dream of working for the Baroness (Thompson), a famous fashion designer. Estella soon befriends the Baroness, and learns that not everything was as it seemed in her business and personal life. This causes Estella to let out her vengeful side, by the name of Cruella de Vil. Rotten Tomatoes rates this movie at 74%, but I would rate it at 9/10. The film is interesting, realistic, and kid-friendly. I recommend Cruella to anyone that wants a movie with some unexpectedness and realism.