Missing Family Rescued After Five Years

According to authorities, on Tues. Feb. 25, 2022, a mother and daughter were found safe after being reported missing for five years. On Jan. 31, 2017, Amber Renaye Weber, 21 years old and her 1-year-old daughter, Miracle Smith, were reported missing. Weber and Miracle were last seen on Dec. 4, 2016, in Fayetteville, N.C.

The mother and daughter were found in a home in Bunnlevel, N.C., about 20 miles north of Fayetteville. In 2018 the two were believed to be nearby in Harnett County after Weber received medical treatment there, but her family was not able to contact her. 

Raleigh-Durham ABC affiliate WTVD reported, U.S Marshalls, agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives and deputies from the Harnett County Sheriff’s Office found Weber and Miracle at a home on Lemon Lane in Bunnlevel. According to U.S. Marshalls, four firearms were seized from the home, and Joe Smith, 59, was taken into custody. Authorities stated that Smith has previously been arrested on Jan. 19 on a charge of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. 

Police said the case was reignited in 2021 after Fayetteville Police investigative assistant Sonia Roldan partnered with the U.S. Marshalls to seek new leads for Weber and Miracle. Authorities said information led investigators to believe Weber and Miracle had an association with Smith in Bunnlevel. Police did not disclose the relationship between Smith, Weber and her daughter. 

https://abcnews.go.com/US/north-carolina-mother-young-daughter-found-safely-missing/story?id=82485995