Spring Break Survey Finds Students Heading for Blue Water

closeup of a wooden-framed chalkboard with the text spring break written in it, on the sand of a lonely beach

A total of 27 students were asked to take a survey about spring break. The questions in the survey included topics about destination, activities, and people you are traveling with. The first question asked if you are going anywhere for spring break. The second and third questions asked where you are traveling to and what it is like there. The fourth and fifth questions asked who are you traveling with and how are you traveling to your destination. The last question asked what you will be doing while on spring break. 

For the first question, the options were staying home, going out of state or going out of the country. Going out of state was the answer that the students favored the most. About 16 out of 27 of the students said they are going to travel out of the state, about 15 out of 27 of the students said they are staying home for spring break and about one out of 27 of the students said they will be going out of the country. 

For the second question, the options were Florida, Arizona, Myrtle Beach, Cancun, San Padre Island and other. Other was the answer that the students favored the most. About 13 out of 27 students said they are going somewhere not listed on the survey, about 9 out of 27 students said they are going to Florida, about about two kids out of 27 each said they will be going to Arizona and Myrtle Beach and about one out of 27 students said they will be going to Cancun for spring break. For the third question, the options were beach/ocean, mountain area, tropical area, desert area and other. Beach/ocean was the answer that the students favored the most. About 14 out of 27 of the students said they will be going to a beach/ocean, about eight out of 27 of the students chose other, about four out of 27 of the students chose desert area and about one out of 27 of the students chose tropical area. 

For the fourth question, the options were family, friends or other. Family was the answer that the students favored the most. About 15 out of 27 of the students chose family, about seven out of 27 of the students chose friends and about five out of 27 of the students chose other. For the fifth question, the options were driving, flying or other. Driving was the option that the students favored the most. About 13 out of 27 of the students chose driving, about eight out of 27 students chose flying and about six out of 27 students chose other. 

For the sixth and final question, the options were to go to the beach, tan/relax, site seeing, trying new things or other. Tan/relax was the option that the student’s favored the most. About 11 out of 27 of the student’s chose to tan/relax, about five out of 27 of the student’s chose other, about four out of 27 of the students chose sightseeing, about four out of 27 of the student’s chose trying new things and about three out of 27 of the student’s chose go to the beach.