NYC Subway Shooting Injures 13

AP
Emergency personnel gather at the entrance to a subway stop in the Brooklyn borough of New York, Tuesday, April 12, 2022. Multiple people were shot and injured Tuesday at a subway station in New York City during a morning rush hour attack that left wounded commuters bleeding on a train platform. (AP Photo/John Minchillo)

The New York Police Department have confirmed that on the morning of March 11, 2022, a shooting took place at the 36th St. station in the Sunset Park, Brooklyn subway during peak commuting hours for employees headed into Manhattan. New York City Fire Department sources told Fox News that at least 13 people were injured.

FDNY told Fox News that firefighters responded to a call for smoke in the D-N-R lines. Units discovered multiple people shot and several undetonated devices at the same location. The scene continues to be active. 

A high ranking law enforcement officer told Fox News Digital the suspect is described as a Black male, wearing a Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) uniform, a gas mask and “carrying a bookbag”. NYPD counterterrorism units responded to the scene, while additional units, including Police K9’s and heavy weaponry, have been deployed to subway stations around New York City.

The New York Governor, Kathy Hochul, tweeted that she has been briefed on the developing situation and will work with the MTA and NYPD to provide updates once they become available. 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyc-brooklyn-subway-station-shooting-undetonated-devices