Django Unchained, One of Tarantino’s Best

Django Unchained, One of Tarantinos Best

Django Unchained is an amazing western and one of Quintin Tarantino’s best films. This movie was released on December 25, 2012 and was rated very highly by critics and fans. In fact, this film is one of Tarantino’s most financially successful films. Similarly to many of his other works this is a movie with a perfect blend of intense moments and a great story that doesn’t take itself too seriously. This movie definitely keeps your attention from the second it starts till the second it stops.

Set in the late 1850’s, the story starts with Dr. Schultz, played by Christoph Waltz, seeking a slave named Django, played by Jamie Fox. He needs Django to help him two brothers. As it turns out Dr. Schultz is a bounty hunter and needs a partner. He offers the job in exchange for help finding Django’s wife, Broomhilda, played by Kerry Washington, who was sold to a slave owner in Misissippi. This film also includes other well-known actors such as Samuel L. Jackson and Leonardo DiCaprio.

Django Unchained is loosely based on a movie that came out in 1966 called Django although they share very little other than names and a few plot points. I think that Christoph Walt’ s amazing acting steals the show. His performance brings the entire movie together in my opinion. The story is fantastic, the acting is fantastic and the cinematography is great. The film received an 86% from rotten tomatoes and an 8.4/10 from IMBd. I would personally give this movie a 9/10 and I strongly recommend it to anyone who has not seen it yet.