Latest Toy Story Release Follows Family Road Trip

It’s easy to forget when “Toy Story” came out in 1995, it was the first feature-length computer animated film to hit theaters. In spite of this technical landmark, the movie stands out to this day, not because of how it was made, but because of the power of the story it told. 

Through two high-quality sequels, we have followed the exploits of a room full of toys led by cowboy Woody and spaceman Buzz Lightyear, who navigate the world when humans’ backs are turned. Through it all, they’ve remained loyal to each other as they strive to fulfill their ultimate purpose of making children happy. When we last left the group in “Toy Story 3,” they were adjusting to life with their new owner Bonnie, an exuberant five-year-old with a big imagination. 

With “Toy Story 4,” which maintains the franchise’s ridiculously high standards of quality and emotion, our favorite toys face new challenges, like kindergarten, a road trip and, biggest of all, Forky. Forky is nothing more than a spork Bonnie glues googly eyes onto at kindergarten orientation. With a pipe cleaner for arms and popsicle sticks for feet, Forky has no interest in the title of Bonnie’s new favorite toy and, after coming to life, wants nothing more than to return to the trashcan where he feels most at home. When a family vacation takes the whole gang on a road trip, Woody, whose status in the toy box is starting to slip, makes it his personal mission to keep Forky safe even though the new toy is hellbent on getting lost.

Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, Annie Potts, Tony Hale, Keegan-Michael Key are some of the main voice actors in this film and the director is Josh Cooley. I give this movie a 7/10