Former Vice President Joe Biden Projected Presidential Winner

After several days of counting ballots, the projected winners for the 2020 Election are President Joe Biden, Vice President Kamala Harris, and U.S. Senator for Michigan, Gary Peters. Although votes are still being counted and recounted for the Presidential Election, Biden has a big lead of delegates 279 and Trump has 214, CNN  and the Associated Press reports. Although many are celebrating the 46th President, there is still a lot of investigating to be done. With that comes a split between the country with many protests being led by Trump supporters and many celebrating in places such as New York, Chicago and DC, led by the Biden supporters. 

This fight seems to be far from over as states including Arizona, Alaska, Georgia, and North Carolina are still counting and Trump threatens to go to the Supreme Court alleging fraud against the Democratic Party, with what many people feel is little to no evidence. With all of these possibilities still up in the air, Biden delivered a victory speech, Nov 8th. He said, “It’s time to put away the harsh rhetoric, lower the temperature, see each other again, listen to each other again. And to make progress we have to stop treating our opponents as enemies.” After hearing his inspirational speech, many celebrated in the streets of big cities by waving pride, BLM, and American flags but also singing, dancing, and chanting in glee. 

As for the Senate Election, Gary Peters wins re-election for a Michigan representing the U.S. Senate seat. John James, the other candidate for the vacancy, refuses to believe he lost the election, due to the tight race. He believes that the ballots weren’t counted correctly and that there needs to be an investigation. Peters responded later in the week, ”This is where you see someone’s character. And they come up and realize that they need to accept the vote of the people of the State of Michigan. I would hope that this nonsense could go away.” With many important questions still unanswered, US citizens wait for the outcome.