FFA State Convention Educational

The FFA state convention took place virtually April 19-23, 2021. 

The convention was a celebration of agriculture education, and on average, there are 2,500 participants annually. 

You can register to join at michiganffa.org. 

The sessions that took place Wednesday, April 21, were Session Three at 9:00 a.m., National Officer Workshop at 1:00 p.m., National Officer Workshop at 5:00 p.m., and Region V&VI Outstanding Junior & State Degree Announcement at 7:00 p.m. The outstanding juniors of the Ovid-Elsie chapter are Clarisse Fitzpatrick, Emma Fox, Billy Harris, Tori Maynard, and Wyatt Wilcox. 

The Thursday, April 22, schedule was Session Four at 9:00 a.m., Delegate Meeting at 10:30 a.m., and Proficiency Results & Academic Excellence at 7:00 p.m. 

Friday, April 23, began with Session Five at 9:00 a.m., Delegate Met at 10:30 a.m., Agriscience Fair Results were at 12:00 p.m., Talent at 2:00 p.m., and Session Six at 4:00 p.m. 

This week during the state convention, the chapters were taking part in the spring skills contests. 

The OE FFA Horse Judging Team earned 2nd place in the state and received a gold award. Members were Clarisse Fitzpatrick, Adele Jones, and Samantha Snider. 

Tori Maynard, Emma Fox, and Caleb Love took part in the Crop Management contest and got second place. 

Josh Miller Jr. participated in the junior high public speaking contest and won state silver.