Student Council Plans Homecoming Dance

Student Council Plans Homecoming Dance

Being just about a month into the school year, Ovid-Elsie’s Student Council has started to plan a few major events for the upcoming year. Braeden Tokar, a sophomore member of the group, has shared her opinion on the status of their plans, as well as how she expects them to turn out. 

As a member who has been on student council since the 6th grade, Tokar is very excited to see how this year turns out in comparison to last year. Her first year of high school council was compromised because of Covid, but this year is expected to be in full swing. So far, they have focussed mainly on planning Homecoming and choosing M-Zone themes. Tokar said, “I am most excited about the dance because I can’t wait to see how it will turn out.” The 2021 school year will be the first year planning a school dance for nearly half of the group, so they are all very hopeful for a positive turn out. 

Homecoming week this year will fall from October 11th through the 15th, with the dance on Saturday, the 16th. To keep up with these plans and all the other interesting updates that Student Council may have throughout the year, look for posters around the school and follow their Instagram @oestudentcouncil.