New Lothrop Best Varsity Marauders 66-24

The Ovid-Elsie Marauders took on the New Lothrop Hornets last Friday night at the Mark H. O’Donnell field, losing 66-24. The Hornets came out firing right away, putting up a quick 7 points on the board within the first minute of the first quarter with a Touchdown pass right off the bat to Rafael Woods. By the end of the first quarter the score was 10-13 in favor of the Hornets, Rafael Woods for New Lothrop scored off a jet sweep run for 6. The game seemed to stay in favor of NL the entire time. The Marauder Offensive and Defensive lines looked very lost and confused as they could not keep up with the power of the Hornets. By the half, the margin had only grown greater as the lead kept growing and growing. By the end of the game the final score had been 66-24 in favor of the New Lothrop Hornets. 

Dylan Carman led Ovid-Elsie in passing yards completing 6-12 passes for 100 yards and 1 Touchdown, Eddy Evans led the Marauders in rushing yards with 16 carries for 117 yards and 1 touchdown. Clay Wittenberg led the Marauders in receiving yards with 1 reception for 51 yards. 

Q:” In terms of game time prep, where do you think you guys failed to prepare for ahead of facing the Hornets”

A: In terms of game time prep we definitely underestimated them more than we should’ve, the film we had on them were games where they didn’t have their whole team playing and it definitely felt like the softest week of practice we’d had all year”- Junior, Beau Price

Q: “What areas do you think you guys could have improved on at the start of the second half after the stagnant offensive first half”

A: “ At the start of the second half we just came out flat, we were missing key blocks the whole game that could’ve turned some bad plays into big runs. In the first quarter our passing game was going great but it definitely fizzled out by the second quarter.” -Beau Price