Varsity Wrestlers Start Season with Win/Loss

The varsity wrestling team competed in their first meet on the season on Wednesday, Dec. 8, 2021 at Alma high school. They went up against Alma and Clare varsity teams. Ovid-Elsie lost the matches against Alma’s team with a total of 32-15 points. They won against the Clare team with a score of 42-38. Senior Gavyn Perry who won his second match, wrestled hard and ended up winning the match 10-2. Sophomore Talan Parsons, won his second match also against a wrestler from Clare, pinning him in the second round. With many new wrestlers on the team this year, including Dylan Taylor, Richard Ruston, Kaden West and Trey Milner, the team is a strong contender with some individual wrestlers that could possibly be a threat to other schools in upcoming competitions. 

The team traveled for their second meet at the Grover invitational this weekend on Saturday, in Concord Michigan. The team placed second overall against around 6 teams. Junior Luke Follett, placed first in his weight division, going undefeated in all his matches. Talan Parsons also got first in his weight class. Gavyn Perry wrestled all the way to second place in his class, and Alexis Hart won her first match this season, pinning a guy in the first round. Overall the team this year is getting stronger, and this team might be a team to fear.