Sing 2 Gets High Rating

Sing 2 Gets High Rating

Released on Dec. 22, 2021, by Illumination, Sing 2 runs 110 minutes. This movie follows the same characters as the first movie, which was released in 2016, along with the addition of a couple new characters. Featuring the voices of many beloved stars, such as Matthew McConaghey, Reese Witherspoon, Scarlett Johansson, and Taron Egerton, Sing 2 is quite the movie.

This movie picks up after the rebuild of the Moon Theater. Buster Moon and the talent show crew now put on very successful shows for their small town vibe, but hope to get a production to the entertainment capital known as RedCity. After a critic tells them it will never work, they take matters into their own hands and find a way into the Crystal Tower Theater. Being given a spot, the crew dramatizes the plans that they have for a show and end up making many promises that would be hard to fulfil. With many ups and downs, backstabbings, and uncovered truths, the space themed production becomes a world-wide hit. 

Although critics rated this movie an overall 69%, the fan reviews give it a 98%. This movie is also going around with good reviews on many social media platforms from the Gen Z population. Sing 2 may have had the target audience of children in mind, but based on these reviews it is clear that it also appealed to a slightly older audience as well. Overall, I would rate it a 10/10. Typically sequels are underwhelming, but Sing 2 was a fantastic addition to the franchise.