Varsity Wrestlers Place in Regionals, Heading to States

Individual Boys regionals for wrestling took place this weekend, Ovid Elsie taking two wrestlers that made it through districts, Cole Workman and Talan Parsons. The two boys wrestled throughout their brackets during the day. The first round, Talan Parsons and Cole Workman, both sophomores, pinned their opponents. The second round Talan wrestled his three rounds and won 16-1. Cole, however, wrestled into overtime and ended up losing 2-3. The final round of the day both of the boys wrestled a good match and Cole secured his spot at the state meet, who will be going for 3rd. Talan will be wrestling for 1st. The state meet is held on Ford field where they will be wrestling the top wrestlers in the state. 

Ovid Elsie girls wrestling regionals were held on Sunday. OE took three girls, Alexis Hart, Sharla Juhas from Ashley schools, and Sam Grubaugh. The girls wrestled their series of rounds, where they wrestled the top girls in the region. They all wrestled 15 matches throughout the day, but only the top 8 girls will qualify for the state meet. Sharla Juhas took 4th place in the regionals as well as Sam Grubaugh who took 6th. Alexis Hart went 1-2 when she hit a rough spot in the blood rounds when she was close to the win, meaning she missed her chance for qualifying for the state meet. This is the first MHSAA- run girls state meet. Sharla Juhas and Sam Grubaugh will be joining Talan Parsons and Cole Workman on Ford Field at the state championship.