Two 18-year-olds Held in Philadelphia Bus Stop Shooting, Injuring Teens

Authorities in Philadelphia say they have arrested two 18-year-olds in the shooting of eight Philadelphia high school students at a bus stop last week. Authorities recovered a fully loaded automatic weapon which matches evidence found at the scene.

The Wednesday shooting was the fourth in four days involving the city’s transit system. The discovery of a stolen car involved, just hours later, helped lead police to suspect Jamaal Tucker, who turned himself in on Friday. On Saturday, federal marshals searched a location linked to Ahnile Buggs and recovered the .40-caliber Glock that matched casings found at the scene.

Both teens are currently facing the same charges, which included attempted murder, aggravated assault, weapons offenses and other charges, and are being held on more than a $2 million bail. Preliminary hearings are scheduled for them both on March 20.

The shooting happened as students at nearby Northeast High School were waiting to board the bus home. Around 3 p.m., three masked suspects came around the corner and opened fire. The victims were ages 15 to 17. All of them are now in stable condition including a 16-year-old who was severely injured after being struck nine times. The city’s police commissioner, Kevin Bethel, credited two police officers who applied tourniquets to three of the victims, possibly saving their lives.

Source:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/suspected-shooter-driver-custody-philadelphia-bus-stop -shooting-108019779