Brittney Griner and Wife Expecting First Child

Basketball Phenomenon Brittney Griner and her wife Cherelle Griner are expecting their first baby!! According to CNN, the couple announced the news in an Instagram post on April 13th, the post showed Cherelle’s ultrasound. The Caption of the post stated,”Can’t believe we are less than three months away from meeting our favorite human being.” The couple met when attending Baylor University from 2009 until 2013 but didn’t begin dating until years later, in June 2019 they got married. 

ESPN states Brittney Griner plays for the Phoenix Mercury and is a two time Olympic gold medalist with the U.S women’s national team and a six-time WNBA star. According to WNBA, Brittney is a 6 ‘9 center and averages 17.7 points per game. This year is Griner’s 11th season and she is third on the WNBA’s all time blocking list. 

According to CNN Griner re-signed with Phoenix Mercury this month after spending 300 days in custody in Russia after being wrongfully detained. She had played for an off-season team in Russia for years and was arrested after authorities found cannabis oil in her luggage. Griner has aways told her teammates to go overseas in off season to raise their salaries but refuses to ever play overseas again after the incident. Brittney took a break from basketball after Russia and is finally getting back into it after 9 months of being off and still plans on playing even with a baby on the way. 

Source: www.cnn.com