Savannah, Ga Gun Violence Claims Two Over the Weekend

The city of Savannah, Georgia, has been plagued by a string of gun violence since Friday that left at least two people dead and over a dozen injured. Police say at least 14 people have been injured and two people have died, including a young boy, as a result of the shootings. The largest and most recent shooting happened on Saturday just before midnight. Law enforcement from multiple precincts responded to reports of gunfire in Ellis Square and located multiple people who were injured in the incident. Police say they believe a dispute began between two females in in the area of Ellis Square, and unidentified individuals with guns started shooting. The victims, 11 of the adults, were all treated and taken to the hospital. Police told WTOC they believe at least  10 of those victims were injured by gunfire. The victims’ ages range from 20 to 38, according to police. Police also said they do not believe the shooting was gang-related or gang-initiated and are reviewing surveillance video to identify more than one shooter.

Source Information:

https://www.voanews.com/a/hurt-in-mass-shooting-in-savannah-georgia/7618930.html