Sci-Fi Atlas Movie Not Recommended

Atlas came out on May 24th. Runtime is two hours it is out on Netflix. According to Rotten Tomatoes,” A brilliant data analyst with a deep distrust of AI finds it may be her only hope when a mission to capture a renegade robot goes awry.”

Atlas was directed by Brad Payton. Jennifer Lopez plays Atlas Shepherd and Simu Liu plays Harlan Shepherd. Lana Parrilla plays Val Shepherd. Mark Strong plays General Boothe and Sterling K. Brown plays Colonel Elias Banks. Lesley Fera plays Veronica Hastings and Abraham Popoola plays Casca Decius. Alfred Tavares plays Albin. 

Alissa Wilkinson a top critic on Rotten Tomatoes says,” At times “Atlas” feels like pure pastiche, and it looks, in a fashion we’re getting used to seeing on the streamers, kind of cheap, dark, plasticky and fake, particularly in the big action sequences.” They did not give a review on it but all together Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 19%.

Bill F. a person that watched it said,” What a waste of two hours. If you’ve seen Pacific Rim you’ve seen this. As bad as the movie is the science is worse. They supposedly travel from Earth to the Andromeda galaxy in mere hours. Andromeda is 2.5 million light years away. Star Trek and Star Wars writers know enough not to imply that intergalactic travel is possible. Just plain silly.” They gave it a 1 out of 5 stars but all together the audience gave it a 49%.

Atlas could have been better of a movie I wouldn’t recommend you watch it. The trailer was good but watching it could have been better.