Daily News: 9/15/14

The September FFA meeting date has changed to September 17. Membership forms will be available. If you can’t make it, just come to Ms. Hoffman’s room for forms and info.

Junior girls who are interested in playing powderpuff football need to see Connor Applebee, so he can put together a roster. Any girl who wants to participate needs to have a parent permission slip filled out and have a current physical on file. See Conner Applebee for more information. The junior homecoming color this year is red. Junior and senior girls playing powderpuff football need to pick up a parent/guardian permission form in the office. Guys who are coaching powderpuff football, please stop and see Mrs. Russell. The powderpuff football game is Sunday, Sept. 28 at 6 P.M. That’s just about two weeks away.

This week we are kicking off OEonline. If you have any photos or digital projects that you would like to share, please contact Shelby Snider or email them to
[email protected]

Do you have any interest in agriculture in our area? The Shiawassee County Conservation District is hosting a field day on September 25. They are visiting three area farms to discuss conservation methods used on their farms. The day will end with a tour of the Baker College Ag Tech Center. If you are interested in attending this field day, please stop in and see Ms. Hoffman.

Homecoming t-shirts are on sale. They are $12 and will be sold by Ms. Blank, Ms. Batora and at both lunches. Support you class and buy a shirt. Money is due today, but if you forgot, they will take money until 3:00 P.M. tomorrow.

If any students who finished Chinese I and II still want to step up to Chinese III please talk to Mr. Dong. You may be able to join his Chinese III class if your schedule allows you to do so. The class is offered during fifth hour and it’s an independent study class. Please stop by the counseling office if you’d like to sign up.
Ms. Hoffman is looking for volunteers to help with some upcoming agriculture events. If you can help with one or even two of the following events, stop down and see her to get the paperwork:

1. Tuesday, September 23 from 9 A.M.-1 P.M. is Project RED at the Shiawassee Fairgrounds in Corunna. Tour guides are needed to take elementary students to different stations for the morning.

2. Friday September 26 from 9:00 A.M.-1:00 P.M. is Mid-Michigan Old Gas Tractor Education Day. Volunteer duties are similar to Project RED.

3. Saturday September 27, Agro-Liquid Fertilizer needs a few volunteers to help with an open house they are having.

All students who are eligible to be part of NHS this year should have received a packet in the mail at the end of August which invited them to apply. These forms are due back to Mrs. Laurencelle no later than 7:45 A.M. on Tuesday, September 16. Please see her if you have any questions before then.