Daily News: 9/25/14

Jostens will be at school tomorrow during lunch hours for Class Ring Order Day. Extra ring packets are available in the office.

The Region IV FFA Tractor Driving Contest is October 4th. 9th and 10th grades compete in the 2 wheel trailer competition and 11th and 12th grades compete in a 4-wheel wagon course.The Michigan Farn Bureau Discussion meet is also held that morning. Please stop down to Ms. Hoffman if you are interested in any of these contests.

Congratulations to this year’s NHS members. If you were selected by the Faculty Council, you should have received a welcome packet in the mail last week. The first large group meeting for all members will take place tomorrow morning in the community room. The meeting will begin promptly at 7:30 so make plans to join us there, please bring your planners to write down important dates.

Voting has begun for the WLNS School Spirit Awards. Log on to
http://tinyurl.com/oewlns to vote for our two videos. The band has submitted a video in the Marching Band contest and the journalism staff has submitted a video in the Mascots contest. The winning entries will receive a $1,000 and other prizes. Help out our school and vote every day through September 30!

The kick off to homecoming week will be the powderpuff football game. It will be held on Sunday, September 28 at 6 P.M. The cost will be $5 per person. No passes will be accepted.

If you want to be a part of the snow sculpting team, applications are available from Mrs. Weber in the art room. Any high school student comfortable creating in three dimensions is welcome to apply. Applications are due by October 1.

If you are interested in driving your tractor to school on the Friday of Homecoming week, come to Ms. Hoffman’s room to get the proper forms. You do not need to be an FFA member to participate.

Attention freshmen class, you will be working on your homecoming float on Sunday at 3:00 PM at Jessie Nash’s house. Everyone is welcome to help! Nash’s are located on Maple Rapids Rd, south of Island Rd. Look for all the cows!

The Varsity Volleyball team played their best team of the year last night at league leader Bullock Creek. They lost in 5 sets 25-19, 22-25, 25-22, 23-25 and 8-15. Logan Trefil led the team in assists with 11. She also had 3 aces and 22 digs. Shaye Lintemuth and Morgan Martin also had 3 aces. Megan Black, Megan Walter and Jenna Gewirtz each had 6 kills. Lacey Micka led the team in digs with 38. The JV team lost in two sets, but the freshman were victorious in 2 sets.