Daily News: 9/26/14

Jostens will be at school today during lunch hours for Class Ring Order Day. Extra ring packets are available in the office.

The Region IV FFA Tractor Driving Contest is October 4th. 9th and 10th grades compete in the 2 wheel trailer competition and 11th and 12th grades compete in a 4-wheel wagon course.The Michigan Farn Bureau Discussion meet is also held that morning. Please stop down to Ms. Hoffman if you are interested in any of these contests.

Voting continues for the WLNS School Spirit Awards. Log on to
http://tinyurl.com/oewlns to vote for our two videos. The band has submitted a video in the Marching Band contest and the journalism staff has submitted a video in the Mascots contest. The winning entries will receive a $1,000 and other prizes. Help out our school and vote every day through September 30!

The kick off to homecoming week will be the powderpuff football game. It will be held on Sunday, September 28 at 6 P.M. The cost will be $5 per person. No passes will be accepted.

If you want to be a part of the snow sculpting team, applications are available from Mrs. Weber in the art room. Any high school student comfortable creating in three dimensions is welcome to apply. Applications are due by October 1.

If you are interested in driving your tractor to school on the Friday of Homecoming week, come to Ms. Hoffman’s room to get the proper forms. You do not need to be an FFA member to participate.

Attention freshmen class, you will be working on your homecoming float on Sunday at 3:00 PM at Jessie Nash’s house. Everyone is welcome to help! Nash’s are located on Maple Rapids Rd, south of Island Rd. Look for all the cows!

Congratulations to the following Business Department students who have been elected as the officers for our 2014/2015 corporation:
President- Peyton Nichols
VP Marketing- Makenna Vincent
Assistant VP of Marketing-Leah Batora
VP Finance- Morgan Taylor
Assistant VP of Finance- Courtney Loynes
VP Human Resource- Chris Luckhurst
Assistant VP of Human Resources- Makenzie Parker
VP Production- BreAnna Deming
Assistant VP of Production- Haley Braman
Administrative Assistant- Makenzie Parker

Burcham Enterprises will be offering a Segment II driver’s education class beginning October The next Segment I class will begin on October 6. Packets are available at the high school office.

Juniors, check your school email for information pertaining to Homecoming and this upcoming school year. Also have your parents check their’s.

Junior girls playing powderpuff please purchase a pair of black sweatpants to decorate. You’ll also need red and white puff paint. Contact Conner Applebee to find out where you’re meeting this weekend and what time.

Juniors we need some volunteers to help sort the t-shirt order Monday after school. Many of the class officers are in sports, so if you can stay after a couple of hours and help Mrs. Batora and Ms. Blank, it would be greatly appreciated.

Juniors don’t forget to bring in bags of candy to toss off the float during the Homecoming parade next Friday. Please bring these to Mrs. Batora and Ms. Blank.

Juniors we need volunteers to dress in red and walk with the float during the Parade and toss candy to spectators in Elsie next Friday. The parade starts at 4:00 pm, so you’d need to be in Elsie by about 3:45. Please see Ms. Blank or Mrs. Batora if you’re able to to this for your class.

Senior Girls playing powderpuff football, please get with Alex Koyne to find out where you’re meeting this weekend and what time. Also, each girl needs a pair of white sweat pants to decorate and purple puff paint.

Juniors, float building will be at Emma Phillipson’s house on N. Hollister (just a mile and a half south of the high school on the left going south) on Saturday at 9:00 am. Please try to bring a staple gun and staples. Lunch will be provided… bring a drink and some snacks.