Daily News: 10/2/14

Attention all NHS Members: Do not forget to turn in the signed membership form from both (juniors and seniors) and induction ceremony form to Mrs. Laurencelle. Both items must be received by 3 P.M. in order to avoid an infraction. Please stop by and see her if you have any questions.

Freshman and juniors: please pay your class dues next week to a class officer during both first and second lunches Monday-Friday. Dues are $7 if paid on time. They are $9 if they are paid after
the deadline. Juniors, also remember that all of your years of class dues must be up-to-date if you want to attend prom.

Attention juniors and seniors: a rep from MSU will be here during second lunch today. If any first lunch students need a pass to visit with the rep they should see Mrs. Horak in Student Services.

Attention juniors and seniors: a rep from Northwood will be here on Monday, October 6 during both lunches. Also, reps from SVSU and GVSU will be here during second lunch on Wednesday, October 8. Students who have first lunch who need a pass should see Mrs. Horak in Student Services.

Any junior that is interested in signing up to take the PSAT test please sign up in Student Services. The PSAT is the pre-SAT test. This test will be given on Wednesday, October 15.

The Region IV FFA Tractor Driving Contest is October 4. Ninth and tenth grades compete in the 2-wheel trailer competition and eleventh and twelfth grades compete in a 4-wheel wagon course. The Michigan Farm Bureau Discussion meet is also held that morning. Please stop down to Ms. Hoffman if you are interested in any of these contests.

If you are interested in driving your tractor to school tomorrow, come to Ms. Hoffman’s room to get the proper forms. You do not need to be an FFA member to participate.

Burcham Enterprises is offering a Segment II driver’s education class beginning in October. The next Segment I class will begin on October 6. Packets are available at the high school office.

Juniors, check your school e-mail for information pertaining to homecoming and this upcoming school year. Also have your parents check theirs.

Juniors, don’t forget to bring in bags of candy to toss off the float during the homecoming parade tomorrow. Please bring these to Mrs. Batora and Ms. Blank.

Juniors: we need volunteers to dress in red and walk with the float during the Parade and toss candy to spectators in Elsie this Friday. The parade starts at 4 P.M., so you’d need to be in Elsie by about 3:45 P.M. Please see Ms. Blank or Mrs. Batora if you’re able to do this for your class.

Sophomore class dues will be collected this week during both lunches. They are $6.

The varsity volleyball team lost a heartbreaker last night at home against Alma in 5 sets, 25-17, 21-25, 25-17, 21-25, 14-16. Leading the way was Logan Trefil with 36 digs and 11 assists. Megan Walter had 13 kills and 6 blocks. Lacey Micka had 29 digs and Brittany Moore chipped in with 23. Megan Black had 9 kills and 3 blocks. The junior varsity lost in two sets 14-25 and 13-25 and the freshmen were victorious 25-16 and 25-14.