Lions Band

If you had the chance to travel the world for doing something you’ve always done, would you? That opportunity is not so far away for the Ovid-Elsie students in Lions Band. Lions Band is a community band with all kinds of people, from current students to alumni to retired teachers. Lions Band is a great opportunity for many people, and lots of Ovid-Elsie students have already snatched the offer up.

Students in Lions Band have opportunities to go on once-in-a-lifetime trips for simply being in the band. Last year the band went to Toronto, Canada, and this year the trip destination is set for Hawaii. Many students are excited for this amazing trip, and are looking forward to it.

Lions Band isn’t just about the trips, however, it’s also a learning experience. “We get to learn more about our instruments,” says junior Kyle Wendling. Students learn many things, such as new, difficult pieces of music.

The band is also an experience to go out of your comfort zone. “I get to meet a lot of new people,” says Wendling. Students get the opportunity to meet players that have previously graduated, and get to learn from their experience.

The band has two main practices, once in January and another in March. The band gets to learn their pieces of music during this time and interact with the other members. Many students agree that it is an amazing experience, and will continue in the band for many years to come.