April 18, 2024

Daily News: 2-27-15

Students and staff: Head over to Davison High School and support our varsity competitive cheerleaders as they compete in regional competition this Saturday. They need your support in their attempt to make it to the state finals. The meet begins at 10 A.M., so you can plan your day and head over for the weekend.

There is a baseball sign-up meeting today in the Community Room during both lunch hours for anyone that is interested in playing baseball.

For all off-season football athletes: spring testing will begin next week on Monday, March 2 through Friday, March 6 from 3:15 to 4:30 P.M. Please make an attempt to get your testing in as the results will be used to evaluate your progress. Tests will include the bench press, vertical jump, long jump, and speed & agility. If you have any questions see Coach Long.

NHS members: If you are interested in earning more community service hours or another group project please see Mrs. Laurencelle. There are also a few tutoring opportunities available also if you are interested in working at the dodgeball tournament on Friday, March 6 from 6-10. This could earn you a group project or community service hours.Please see Conner Applebee, Gordon Johnson or Mr. Dahlke for more details.

If you are interested in hosting a foreign exchange student next year, please see Ms. Blank in room E-1 to pick up some information and ask questions. She’s available during both lunches.

Juniors: Remember that the ACT is Tuesday, March 3. Please make sure you do and have the following: Be at the American Legion Hall at 7:45 A.M. for registration. Make sure you have a protein-packed, hearty breakfast. Dress in layers. Bring the following: I.D., #2 sharpened pencils (NO mechanical pencils), calculator, and a snack that has your name on it. Remember that you may not have a cell phone in the building. Leave cell phones at home or in your car.There are only two testing days next week: Tuesday is the ACT and Wednesday is the WorkKeys test. You will be back at the high school on Thursday. The M-Step test will be in May.

Any junior who needs a ride to the American Legion Hall in Elsie on Tuesday or Wednesday, please see Mrs. Russell or Mr. Kramer in the front office. They can make arrangements for you.

If you are interested in playing football next fall, the weight room is open for off-season training before school from 6 to 7:15 A.M. and after school from 3:15 to 4:30 P.M. If you have any questions see Coach Long. The 2014-2015 yearbooks are available for $70. Order forms have been mailed home. See Mr. Whiting in middle school room 115 if you need a new order form or if you have any questions.

The yearbook staff is also accepting custom senior photos. If you would like your own photo included in the yearbook, the price is $15. Please get your photo to Mr. Whiting or submit it to [email protected].

The senior video is beginning production. Interviews will start soon, and the production staff is asking that you bring in any baby photos to go along with it. For your interview to be included, you need to bring in some photos! Please see producer Lindsay Benham to submit photos or if you have any questions. Sign up for a time in Student Services. You are responsible for setting up your own interview.