Daily News: 9/10/15

If anyone missed the wrestling meeting this morning, please see Mr. Bowen in room E-2 for details.

If you are interested in doing a study abroad trip to Germany this spring, see Ms. Hoffman before next Friday to get more information.

Are you interested in joining the Language Arts Team? Please see Ms. Blank in room E-1 for more details and/or to sign up!

If there are any 10-12 grade students that are interested in agriculture conservation and touring the Baker College Ag Program, come see Ms. Hoffman. There is a field trip scheduled for Thursday, September 24.

Attention junior and seniors: a college rep from Western Michigan University will be here Wednesday, September 16 during both lunches in the student lounge.

Upcoming college visits are:

• Central Michigan University – September 21, 2nd lunch only
  • Grand Valley State University – September 23rd, 2nd lunch only
  • Alma College – September 24, 2nd lunch only
  • Aquinas College – September 29, both lunches
  • Michigan State University – October 8, 2nd lunch only
  • Oakland University – October 28, 2nd lunch only

Picture day is next week. LifeTouch will be here on Tuesday, September 15. All students will be asked to take a photo, including seniors.

All co-op students need to stop down to Ms. Hoffman’s room and get their paperwork. It must be turned in by Friday or you cannot leave the school.

If you are interested in participating in the FFA broiler contest, birds need to be ordered by Monday morning, September 14.

Please remember that all lunch deposits need to be made before 10 A.M.

The sideline cheer team is having a tailgate before the varsity football game this Friday. It starts at 5 P.M. and will be in the high school parking lot. Stop by and join to support this fundraiser. Admission is $5.

The theme for the M-Zone this Friday evening is “beach wear.” Dress up in Hawaiian shirts, shorts, leis, sandals, sunglasses, etc. Please DO NOT wear bathing suits. Also, you must wear shirts. The game starts at 7 P.M. at home against Chesaning.

Seniors: please get your ideas for class motto, flower, song, and colors to either Ms. Blank or Mrs. Batora as soon as possible. Students will have a chance to vote on these items that will be permanently displayed in graduation announcements.

The powderpuff football game is Sunday, September 27 at 6 P.M. Any junior or senior girl who is interested in playing can stop by the office and pick up a parent consent form. You must have a current physical form on file to participate in the practice and the game. All forms must be turned in before students are allowed to practice.

Junior and senior boys: if you want to coach powderpuff football, please come to the office and see Mrs. Russell.

There are already meetings set for powderpuff information. Senior girls have a meeting today during second lunch in the auditorium. If you have first lunch, please see a senior football player or Ms. Blank to let one of them know you want to be on the team. Junior girls that are interested will meet in the student lounge on Friday morning at 7:30 A.M.

Students with sports bags: please do not put your bags in the entry way to the phys ed locker rooms. Please put them in the area by the athletic locker rooms by the Powerade machine, in your car or in your locker.

Juniors and seniors: NHS invite packets were mailed to eligible students two weeks ago. These forms are due to Mrs. Laurencelle by Tuesday, September 15 at 7:45 A.M. Please stop by and see her if you have any questions.

Burcham Enterprises will be offering a segment I driver’s education class beginning on September 22 from 3:05-5:05 P.M. The class will be held in Room S-14A. Registration packets are available in the office.